Friday, October 10, 2008

Malmö - Day 3

October 10, 2008
Day 3 - Malmö, Sverige
Venue: Babel


Greetings and salutations, friends,

We've had a bit of a rough start, but I think we are getting into the swing of things now. We started the tour a few days ago; there were some little bumps and hurdles, but all things you would expect in starting up a tour: the bus broke down, I lost my voice, different tour manager than expected, and general communication breakdown. Oh, and very little Internet access so far. We're off and running now, though, and it feels great.

I must say I think this tour will be a great adventure. We are going to some great places across quite a few countries, both hemispheres, which is fun, and from sweaters to shorts back to hats and gloves. It's Brad Albetta, my husband, on bass, Matt Johnson on drums, new addition Oren Bloedow on guitar, and my cousins Lily and Sylvan Lanken are joining us to. Lily sings back up during the show, and she and her brother Sylvan are filming us on the road. The crew are pretty great so far and all in all I think it will be a good group.

It's been a bit strange for me because I just got off a ship that sailed the western coast of Greenland. It's a long story, but if you're interested look up Cape Farewell, which will explain everything. The first show was a little tough, but alst night in Berlin was really good and we are all excited to play tonight in Malmö, Sweden. I made some of my record here with Tore Johanson and hopefully will see him tonight.

I just went for a run with Matt through a beautiful park, and we got the vegetable juicer going. I know it sounds pretty un-rock & roll, but what can I say.. I like vegetables and I've wanted a juicer!

We have seven shows in a row, which is a lot, but my voice is coming back after the boat trip and, as I said, I think we are finally on track!

-martha

2 comments:

Salicia said...

The show was awesome and you played all of my favourite songs. You are such a briliant vocalist! The first time I heard the new album I thought that "she can't possibly be this good live", but hey guess what, you were! Everyone hates me now because I play your songs obsessively...
Come back soon, we'll be there!

Unknown said...

Hey!

Promised to post a link to the photos I took at the Malmö show, so well here goes: http://www.rockfoto.net/artists/Martha%20Wainwright/gig/20081010/7847/photos

Hope you like them, and thanks a lot for a great show!

/ Jesper